The Virtual Resettlement Line (VRL) is a one-stop resource for any Ukrainian or Afghan newcomer who is not yet connected to a resettlement agency or who is struggling to access benefits or resources in their community.
VRL is staffed by multilingual community navigators who speak Ukrainian, Russian, Dari or Pashto and leverage the partnership and expertise of NRC-RIM to provide callers with the most up-to-date information on health-related concerns. Other topics include:
- Assistance in accessing federal mainstream and refugee benefits
- Support in meeting immediate needs such as food insecurity
- Connecting callers to resources in their community
- Direct referrals and warm handoffs to local resettlement agencies for eligible clients
- Cash assistance for eligible callers
- Answering general questions
For eligible Ukrainians and Afghans who have not yet received resettlement agency (RA) services, VRL also conducts an intake and requests documents from a caller and uses this information to confirm eligibility and connect clients to an RA for services.
The VRL is an initiative of the International Rescue Committee and supported by NRC-RIM.
Spread the word
For more information and to share this hotline with others download these materials: